Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cheese Glorious Cheese!

I am sure I could live without cheese, but I love cheese! The powdered stuff is not a good enough substitute for the creamy, gooey, yummy real thing. Cheese is in almost all of my everyday recipes. I knew there had to be a way to store cheese safely. I found a few methods in my research. None seemed to be the solution to me until I found Cheese Wax. I was soooo excited.

Cheese wax provided me with a safe way to include cheese into my food storage. Cheese can be stored as long as mold is prevented from growing on it. It does not need to be refrigerated once it is coated in Cheese Wax.

Cheese wax is reusable. After you peel it off your cheese, wash it, dry it and save it for next time. I bought mine from www.cheesemaking.com. I bought three different colors: red, yellow and black. I plan to color code the cheese. I also bought a cheese wax brush, so that I can paint it on if necessary. (Cheese supposedly gets slippery when you try to wax it.) You will also need a double boiler. I recommend an old one or a garage sale find, as you will not be able to use it for any other purpose after using it to melt the wax. Follow the instructions and be careful. Cheese wax is EXPLOSIVE! It will be worth it. Just think about the yummy things you can eat that are made with cheese, glorious cheese.

No comments: